Kit for Altered Book Classes
A book. Get a small one, a big book is overwhelming, get one
that is in good condition, not too old as pages become brittle.
They are easy to find at yard sales, goodwill, etc.
- Craft knife and scissors.
- UHU glue stick, we will also use a product called Golden
regular gel, I will provide that. If you want to purchase it,
Dick Blick and Michael's carry it, this product is archival and
it will adhere heavy objects to the page.
- Pencil, ruler and cutting mat to place behind the pages you
- Paint will be provided but you can bring your own if you
have it, at least three complimentary colors.
- Brushes, you will need one for gel, and a couple others for
paint, I use brushes between sizes 8 and 14 for painting.
- White or black Gesso available at Michael's or Dick Blick.
- Old credit card or hotel plastic key cards for burnishing or
a bone folder.
- Hair dryer.
- Magazine for gluing and cutting text.
- These items are not necessary but if you have them and want
to include them in your altered book bring......beads, rubber
stamps and ink pads. decorative paper any other kinds of
embellishments you would like for your book.
All material copyrighted by Barbara Olsen